Using Lumie Clear
Lumie Clear allows light therapy in the privacy of your own home and at a time that suits you.
For best results use Lumie Clear regularly, treating the affected area(s) every day. As your skin gets better it can be used as required to heal lingering spots and also prevent new spots forming.
1. Which area are you going to treat? If you want to treat a specific area, perhaps your chin or nose area, then hold Lumie Clear right next to your skin.
If you prefer to treat a wider area, such as your face, neck, shoulders or back, you may be more comfortable using Lumie Clear with its stand; think of it as a spa treatment and catch up on your reading or emails while it works on your acne.
2. Find out the treatment time that you need. The time required increases with the distance from your skin. See the table for details:
|Distance||Recommended treatment time|
|Skin contact||15 minutes per day|
|10cm / 4in||30 minutes per day|
3. Wear the the yellow safety goggles provided if you're treating your face at a distance or any time the light might shine in your eyes.
4. Plug in the device, sit back and let Lumie Clear work its magic. The timer starts automatically and the light will switch off after 15 minutes. Simply press the button again for another 15 minutes.
5. When your treatment time is up, give the device a quick wipe with an alcohol wipe (or a damp cloth and warm water) to keep it clean and then it’s ready to use again.
After several weeks of daily use, many people find their skin is completely clear. If that’s the case, you can skip a few days and see what happens; if you feel a new outbreak of spots appearing then go back to using Lumie Clear until your skin is better again. You may find you can manage your acne in this way and not have to use Lumie Clear every day.
Lumie Clear can be used on its own or in conjunction with other acne medication but always check first with your GP and do a patch test.