Lumie LLC, a Florida Limited Liability Company, with principal address at 4600 140th Avenue N., Suite 180, Clearwater, FL 33762 (“SELLER”), warrants that the lamps and lights (“Product”) sold or provided to the first end-user (“BUYER”) by SELLER or one of SELLER’s authorized sellers in the United States shall, subject to the limitations and exclusions set forth below, be free from defects in design, material, and workmanship for the periods of time defined in Section 4 (“Warranty Periods”).
This Limited Warranty applies only if:
(1) The Product is used properly and is operated in accordance with the SELLER’s instruction as furnished to BUYER at the time of purchase;
(2) The person filing the warranty claim is the first end-user of the Product;
(3) BUYER purchased its Product from SELLER or an authorized seller of SELLER’s Products in the United States, unless otherwise prohibited by law, because SELLER cannot control the quality of products sold by unauthorized sellers; and
(4) Buyer complies with all other sections of this Limited Warranty.
SELLER reserves the right to reject warranty claims for Products purchased from unauthorized sellers, including unauthorized internet sites.
The procedure described in this Section 2 shall hereinafter be referred to as the “Warranty Claim Procedures.” To initiate a warranty claim, BUYER must deliver to the SELLER at email@example.com or the address listed above a warranty claim fully describing the alleged defects or failures of the Product and original proof of purchase within the Warranty Periods and within five (5) days of the date BUYER discovers the alleged defect. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event that SELLER determines, in its sole discretion, that BUYER reasonably should have discovered the alleged defect before its actual discovery, this Limited Warranty shall not apply.
In order to determine whether the Limited Warranty should apply, BUYER shall provide information to SELLER, including, but not limited to, proof of purchase and photographs of the Product. In the event the defect is covered by the Limited Warranty, SELLER may, at its sole option, require that the defective Product be shipped to the address provided by SELLER with mailing or shipping charges prepaid by SELLER. If the Product is found to be defective, SELLER agrees to pay all expenses of returning repaired or replaced Product to BUYER.
If the Product is proved to SELLER’s satisfaction to be defective within the Warranty Periods, SELLER’s obligations under this Limited Warranty shall be limited to either repairing or replacing the Product, at SELLER’s sole discretion, and only if such defect was caused solely by defective design, workmanship and/or materials. Such repair or replacement shall be SELLER’s sole obligation and BUYER’s exclusive remedy hereunder, and shall be conditioned upon BUYER’s fulfilling its obligations under SELLER’s Warranty Claim Procedures.
This Limited Warranty of the Product applies for:
- three (3) years from the original date of purchase or delivery (if later than the date of purchase) for
light therapy products, and
- six (6) months from the original date of purchase or delivery (if later than the date of purchase) for
bulbs, spares and accessories.
The Warranty Periods shall not be tolled for any reason. No action by SELLER or BUYER shall operate to extend or revive this Limited Warranty without the prior written consent of SELLER.
The following is not included under this Limited Warranty:
(1) Scratches, dents, marks or other visible surface wear on the Product, unless SELLER is notified as soon as the Product is received by the BUYER;
(2) Normal wear and tear from everyday use;
(3) Wear parts;
(4) Expendable components, including but not limited to accessories or rechargeable batteries;
(5) Misuse or abuse by the BUYER;
(6) Physical damage to the Product as a result of tampering, mishandling, neglect, modification, improper or unauthorized repair, improper installation, alteration, unreasonable use, and/or negligence of the BUYER whether foreseeable by SELLER or not;
(7) Items, equipment, goods, products, components, and parts not sold by SELLER;
(8) Damage to Products caused by the carrier during shipping or by the installer during installation;
(9) Deterioration resulting from age, storage, weathering, or lack of use;
(10) Continued Product use after an alleged defect is discovered or should reasonably have been discovered; and
(11) Damage to Product caused by fire, storm or other acts of God.
SELLER expressly reserves the right to inspect the Product and its components, parts, and BUYER’s installation, use, maintenance, and any other activity or inactivity of the BUYER, when determining whether an alleged Product defect is covered by the Limited Warranty.
This Limited Warranty is provided by SELLER, and it contains the only express warranty provided to BUYER by SELLER. SELLER does not authorize any other person, including distributors, to give any other warranties on SELLER's behalf.
There are no warranties which extend beyond those stated herein. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES THAT MAY BE APPLICABLE TO PRODUCTS, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY. Some States do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
If BUYER has a claim under this Limited Warranty or under any implied warranties provided to BUYER by state law, BUYER may not file a court action based on that claim any later than one (1) year after BUYER’s right to file a court action accrues. In those states that do not allow this limitation on the time period for filing a court action, this provision is inapplicable.
SELLER’s liability with respect to the Product sold to BUYER shall be limited to the warranty provided herein. SELLER SHALL NOT BE SUBJECT TO ANY OTHER OBLIGATIONS OR LIABILITIES, WHETHER ARISING OUT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY) OR OTHER THEORIES OF LAW, WITH RESPECT TO PRODUCTS SOLD OR SERVICES RENDERED BY SELLER, OR ANY UNDERTAKING, ACTS OR OMISSIONS RELATING THERETO.
Without limiting the foregoing, SELLER SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR PROPERTY OR PERSONAL INJURY DAMAGES, PENALTIES, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES, SERVICES, DOWN TIME, SHUT DOWN OR SLOW DOWN COSTS, OR FOR ANY OTHER TYPES OF ECONOMIC LOSS, AND FOR CLAIMS OF BUYER’S CUSTOMERS OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY SUCH DAMAGES. SELLER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR AND DISCLAIMS ALL CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL AND CONTINGENT DAMAGES WHATSOEVER. THE SELLER’S TOTAL LIABILITY ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE PRODUCT SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE VALUE OF THE PRODUCT SOLD TO BUYER.
The SELLER’s total liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation, restitution, or otherwise, arising in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of the contract between SELLER and BUYER shall be limited to the price paid for the Products. Some States do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
This Limited Warranty is governed by the laws of the State of Florida, without reference to conflict of laws principles. In the event of a dispute arising from or relating to this Limited Warranty, which is not resolved by negotiation between the parties, the parties hereby agree to personal exclusive jurisdiction in the state and federal courts located in Florida.
Any description of the Product, whether in writing or made orally by SELLER or SELLER’s agents, specifications, samples, models, bulletins, drawings, diagrams or similar materials used in connection with BUYER’s order, are for the sole purpose of identifying the Product and shall not be construed as an express warranty. Any suggestions by SELLER or SELLER’s agents regarding use, application, or suitability of the Product shall not be construed as an express warranty unless confirmed in writing by SELLER to be such.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from State to State.
If you have any questions about whether a seller is authorized, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like a physical copy of this Limited Warranty, feel free to print this webpage, email us at
email@example.com, or write to us at the address listed above, and we would be happy to send you a copy.